We’re excited to announce the Hockey Shop will open for the season starting 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm on Sunday, August 30, just in time for the Ice Wolves hockey school. We offer skate sharpening, sticks, some equipment and various hockey accessories. If we don’t have it, we can get from our supplier, Prince Albert Source for Sports, usually with next-day delivery!
Hey hockey fans, here’s what we have so far for the September JRMCC Arena schedule. Just some important notes you should be advised of:
**All events must follow Gov’t of Sask/Sask Health Authority guidelines**
**No Public Skating/Shinny until further notice**
**Minor hockey practices resume October 5**
**Parents may or may not be allowed in the facility pending numbers for each event. Registration numbers for the various hockey camps will determine this.**
**Start times may be altered slightly pending numbers**
**Update on adult rec/pickup hockey will be posted soon upon clarification as outlined in the Re-open plan for “Mini-Leagues”**
The fob system is active and now ready for use!
The following information is necessary to move things forward to ‘unrestricted access’….
HOURS OF OPERATION
Fob access allows you into the gym from 8 am-9 pm, 7 days a week.
* If you are a shift worker and require access before 8 am or after 10 pm please email me to let me know what times you require and I will extend your fob access.
HOURS OF CLEANING AND CLOSURE
We still must adhere to the re-open Saskatchewan plan which requires us to complete extra cleaning for everyone’s health and safety.
This means the gym will be closed twice a day. From 2 pm-3 pm & 9 pm-10 pm. 7 days a week.
A booking link will be provided to active members.
- Checking-In through the BACK DOOR. EVERY MEMBER must scan in with their fob. Please avoid following another member in, so that our system can recognize your entrance for security reasons. Once though the first door, you will notice a clipboard on the wall. Please write your full name and time of arrival. Members MUST remove outdoor shoes from this point and leave them on the racks, or carry them into the change rooms. With the gym being unrestricted and not staffed, we need everyone to cooperate by keeping outdoor shoes off the gym floor.
- Checking-In through the MAIN FRONT DOORS. The JRMCC main doors are open from 8:30 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday, (the doors will be locked outside those time) and you may enter through the main doors as you have been over the last couple months. When you enter the arena, please go LEFT, towards the check-in table where you will still be required to remove outdoor shoes. You will find a clip-board on the table where you will be asked to write your name and arrival time. You AREN’T required to scan your fob if entering from the main doors, but please be sure to sign your name and arrival time on the clipboard.
Now that the back entrance is open, it in REQUIRED that members wash hands when they enter the facility, the same as you would if coming in from the MAIN entrance. HAND WASHING is one of the best defenses to spreading germs and keeping you and the facility healthy so that we can continue to be open.
BAGS ON THE GYM FLOOR..
A friendly reminder that bags are not allowed on the gym floor. Please store them in the seating area on the track or in the change rooms where you can securely lock them. We sell locks for $5 at the front desk or you may bring your own.
Just a reminder that if you park at the back of the facility, the gates are typically locked by security at 9 pm, so to avoid being locked in, please park in the general parking lot.
A reminder that the facility has 24/7 recorded security cameras in place for your safety and security. There is also on-site security from 9 pm-6 am.
Thank you all for being patient with us during the ’new normal’ times. We strive to make the facility the best it can be for our members and we understand how important it is to have a place for physical health.
JRMCC Mini-Golf is now OPEN 5 days a week 1:00 pm-5:00 pm. All social distancing rules and disinfecting requirements will be adhered to. Maximum 4 to a group. You can booking in advance (text the number on the poster) or simply walk-up. We accept cash and e-transfers. Limited canteen stock, only packaged items.
What does our new normal look like? Check it out:
JRMCC Fitness Center Guidelines
All fitness facilities operating in Saskatchewan must be in compliance with these guidelines. The information below provides specific information for operators of gyms and fitness facilities.
The JRMCC Fitness Center is included in Phase 3 of Re-Open Saskatchewan under the following condition:
- Re-opening gyms and fitness facilities promotes physical and mental wellness. Physical distancing must be maintained and stringent cleaning and disinfecting protocols must be established.
- Fitness centers must only be open when at least one staff member is present. If patrons have uncontrolled access, it is not possible to ensure physical distancing rules are followed or disinfection of equipment is being performed after each use.
- Twenty-four hour unrestricted access without staff present must be suspended, therefore key fobs will not be activated.
- All users must use the main entrance at JRMCC.
- For now our Hours of Operations will be: 8:00 am-9:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Tentatively closed on weekends with the possibility of extended daily hours and potentially opening on weekends
- The walking/jogging track will be closed, due to some of the non-electric equipment being relocated there.
- 15 person maximum in the facility (first-come-first-served)
- Change rooms will be closed, so come in your workout gear (you are still required to bring a separate pair of indoor shoes)
- Washrooms in Fitness Center will be closed, use washrooms in Arena
- Users will be screened upon arrival by asking if they are sick or symptomatic. If they answer in the affirmative, they will not be allowed to enter.
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms will be advised to go straight home and contact Health Line 811 for further guidance.
- One workout partner only (for very brief spotting purposes)
- No group workouts
- Staff experiencing symptoms of the illness (fever, cough or difficulty breathing) must be sent home accordingly.
- We will only use contact less forms of payment (e-transfers). No cash.
- Physical Distancing
The number of users allowed into the facility at one time is limited to 15:
- Ensure there is sufficient space to allow users to remain two metres apart;
- Prevent congregating; and
- Allow staff time to clean and disinfect equipment and other surfaces frequently.
- A booking system is being developed that allows a limited number of users to book and attend a specified time slot. Ensure there is sufficient time between time slots for cleaning and disinfection of the facility and equipment, as well as to reduce crowding (e.g. at check-in counter).
- Limit the number of users in the facility at one time. Only people working out will be in the facility.
- Place markers such as tape every two metres will be used to provide users with visible queues that encourage physical distancing.
- Signage will be on display throughout the facility reinforcing key messages of physical distancing, wiping equipment and hygiene protocols.
- Traffic within the facility will be a one-way flow (where possible) using floor markers/stickers. Clearly mark entrances and exits.
- Physical distancing must be observed at all times. Equipment will be spaced at least two metres apart or in some cases, relocated to the track.
Group fitness classes will eventually be offered and physical distancing will be maintained at all times, with no more than 10 people per class in a space that allows for increased ventilation and air circulation. To ensure people maintain appropriate separation, use tape, markers, paint and signage. When possible, offer these services online or in an outdoor space.
When group classes are offered, they should be scheduled to allow staff enough time to disinfect equipment and surfaces between classes. These may take place in the gymnasium or arena floor.
Minimize congestion in the facility by managing flow of users, including the entrance. Consider developing online sign-up systems, with set duration’s for workouts.
Staff will promote physical distancing whenever possible and discourage congregating. Users are encouraged to conduct their workouts and exit the facility without unnecessary delays.
Equipment should not be shared or used simultaneously (e.g. working in sets).
A hand washing stations will be available in the lobby washroom
Hand sanitizers will be available and users should be encouraged to use them upon entering and exiting. They will also be available throughout the facility.
Essential shared facilities, such as telephones, computers, washrooms and laundry rooms, should receive increased cleaning and disinfection.
Cleaning and Disinfection
The COVID-19 virus can survive for several days on different surfaces and objects. Frequent cleaning and disinfection is important to prevent spreading the disease.
Staff will implement enhanced environmental cleaning.
Commonly touched surfaces and shared equipment will be cleaned and disinfected after contact between individuals, even when not visibly soiled. This includes fitness equipment and machines, door handles, etc.
Disinfectants for users will be conveniently located. Users and employees should be required to wipe down the equipment before and after use. There will be no use of re-usable towels and cloths.
Ensure the disinfectant used in the facility is adequate for the elimination of viruses.
We will attempt to provide employees with resources such as tissues, no-touch trash receptacles, hand soap, alcohol-based hand sanitizers, disinfectants and disposable towels to promote a safe and hygienic work environment.
Provide adequate bins for the safe disposal of paper towels that have been used for cleaning and personal use. The bins should be lined with plastic bags, which are tied and disposed of regularly according to local refuse storage and collection requirements.